Trained volunteers who work in small teams to visit and observe health and social care services, gathering the views of patients, residents, relatives and carers. Please note - volunteers for this role should be aged 18yrs+
Purpose of the role
To enter and view health and social care services and report back observations to Healthwatch Halton. Healthwatch has an important statutory power that entitles authorised volunteers to enter and view health and social care settings as services are being delivered and to then report back on them.
What you will be doing
As a Healthwatch Enter and View volunteer you will be asked to:
- Attend Healthwatch training and group support sessions as appropriate.
- Participate in Enter and View planning and review meetings
- Enter and view health and social care premises while services are being delivered.
- Observe services and collect views of service users, their carers and families, and staff.
- Contribute to a written report about observations made, which includes any positive and/or negative feedback.
Personal Qualities for the role
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Patient and compassionate.
- An ability to separate your own experiences and views from those of others and demonstrate impartiality.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Non-judgmental and respectful of others.
- Will maintain confidentiality unless there is a safeguarding concern or a person tells you something that leads you to believe they, or someone else is at risk of harm.
How we will support you
- Providing you with information about a range of local health and well-being services.
- Providing you with an induction and ongoing training as needed.
- Giving you opportunities to get together with other Healthwatch volunteers and exchange ideas/information.
- Covering the costs of travelling to meetings and visits.
Due to the nature of the role you will need to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before taking part in enter and view visits.
When and Where
Visits can be undertaken at any time services are being delivered but will usually be conducted during Monday – Fri between 9.00am – 5.00pm.
The time commitment is likely to vary depending on the location and type of visit(s) being undertaken.
How to apply
Please complete the attached application form below.