• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

NHS Complaints Advocacy Service

Healthwatch Advocacy Service

Although most people using the health service are happy with their care and treatment, things can sometimes go wrong. If you're not satisfied with the service you've experienced from a hospital, doctor, dentist, local surgery or other NHS provider, you are entitled to complain about it.

We can help you make this complaint, by providing a free, confidential and independent service designed to help you understand your rights and make informed choices.

We can help you:

  • Explore options available at every stage of the complaints procedure
  • Provide confidential support from someone who is independent of the NHS
  • Write effective letters to the right people
  • Prepare for meetings and maybe even go with you
  • Contact and speak to third parties if required
  • Trained advocates who can support you
  • We offer a range of ‘self-help’ materials if you do not need the support of an advocate but want some advice on the best way to make a complaint.

You can contact the Healthwatch Independent Compliants team on 01744 457 105 or email advocacy@healthwatchsthelens.co.uk

Find Our Facebook Page

Get in touch

Tell us your views about local health and social care services:

Telephone0300 111 0007

Email: info@healthwatchsthelens.co.uk

Twitter: @HWStHelens

Click here to sign up for our e newsletter

Become a member

Patient Opinion - Your Stories in St Helens